“Nothing like tapenade and football together.” – Peyton Manning
If you’ve been watching football you probably have seen the DirectTV commercial with Peyton Manning and Deion Sanders. If not, check it out here, you’ll love it!
Thanks to Peyton and Deion I was (in)SPYR‘d to make my own tapenade. Funny enough as I was walking through the grocery store gathering the ingredients I needed to make my own, there were samples of a few different tapenades available. It’s everywhere I look I tell you! and I’ve never tried the stuff. Really I’ve never had a reason to. Typically it’s served as an hors d’oeuvre and spread on bread, and since we don’t typically have appetizers with our meals (and we don’t eat bread) there was never a reason to try it. Plus, Jeff is not a fan of olives but he did humor me and tried a little. :)
- 1/2 cup whole ancient black olives
- 1/4 cup whole green olives
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon capers
- olive oil, optional
Directions Makes 1 cup
- Add the black olives, green olives, whole garlic cloves and capers to a food processor.
- Blend until the desired consistency. (I chopped everything for less than a minute.)
- Note: If you’d like a smoother consistency, drizzle some olive oil in while the food processor is chopping.
- Enjoy! :)
I’ll have some suggestions for how to use the tapenade coming soon. If you have any recommendations, let me know.