I love garlic, that aint no lie so a recipe for Paleo Garlic Mashed Cauliflower should be no surprise. :)
I’ve been making cauliflower mash for quite some time now. A long time ago, before we went Paleo, I remember being given the option of cauliflower mash over regular mash potatoes at a restaurant. After giving them a try, I never went back.
The fun thing about cauliflower is it can absorb flavor easily so basically you can use your favorite seasoning or herb and always enjoy the flavor.
This past Monday I started a 21 Day challenge of going 100% Paleo and since I felt like I was having too many Paleo desserts, I decided to scrap the sweets. If you’d like to join me in this challenge, I’m giving away a signed copy of both my cookbooks and this recipe will definitely keep you on track. :)
Paleo Garlic Mashed Cauliflower
- 1 head cauliflower
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- sea salt, to taste, optional
- Add water to the bottom of a double pot and place over medium-high heat, cover and bring to a boil.
- Cut the head of cauliflower in half and remove the stem. Chop cauliflower into small pieces and add to the steamer basket (for me that is the top portion of the double pot). Alternatively, if you don’t have a double pot and steamer basket you can add the cauliflower to a large pot, cover with water and bring to a boil.
- Steam cauliflower for 15-20 minutes, or until soft.
- Add cauliflower from the pot to a food processor. NOTE: Be sure to use oven mitts to hold the steamer basket and be careful of the steam while pouring into the food processor.
- Process for a few seconds to chop then add butter, garlic and a pinch of sea salt (if you’d like). Process until smooth and well combined. WARNING: This is garlic cauliflower mash and I love garlic so if you’re not as big a fan or you haven’t built up your garlic tolerance yet, you may want to add 1 clove or just use garlic powder instead.
- Plate or transfer to a bowl and serve.
- Enjoy! :)