Need some inspiration for a quick dinner tonight? How about a little stir fry to get the creative juices flowing?
Whether you use a wok, a heavy iron skillet or a regular ole’ pan…a healthy stir fry meal can be whipped up in a matter of minutes.
In this recipe I used ground beef for the first time and it turned out so well that I wanted to share with y’all.
Another good thing about stir fry is it’s so simple a ten year old could handle it. Assuming you don’t mind having 10 year olds prepare your meals.
Get in the kitchen and give it a try. Make it a Stir Fri-day kinda night! Then change it up by adding your favorite ingredients or, you know, whatever is left in your fridge. ;)
Ground Beef Stir Fry
- 1-2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 red jalapeño peppers, seeded and sliced
- 3 ribs celery, sliced
- 3 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 head cauliflower, chopped
- 1 small head broccoli, chopped
- 1 lb ground beef
- dried sage, to taste
- turmeric, to taste
- sea salt, to taste
- coarse ground black pepper, to taste
- fresh thyme, to taste
- Melt coconut oil in a wok (or large sauté pan) over medium heat.
- Add onion, garlic and jalapeño pepper to the wok. Stir to combine and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add celery, carrots, cauliflower and broccoli.
- Break the ground beef into pieces and stir to combine.
- Season with a sprinkling of dried sage, turmeric, sea salt, black pepper and fresh thyme. Stir to mix all ingredients together well.
- When ground beef is fully cooked and cauliflower & broccoli are tender, your stir fry is ready. Transfer to a bowl and serve.
- Enjoy! :)