Writing is overrated.
Cook. Eat Primal Parsnip Cupcakes. Be Happy.
These are kind of like carrot cupcakes, but you know, with parsnips instead.
And they’re Vegetarian and Paleo (if you do the cheese thing), which is why they’re Primal Parsnip Cupcakes not Paleo Parsnip Cupcakes.
I made these for dessert for a dinner party with friends and they went over amazingly with the non-Paleo crowd, even the little one couldn’t get enough. :)
Primal Parsnip Cupcakes
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup mixture of raw sunflower seeds, sesame seeds and pepitas
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon fine salt
- 1/3 cup maple syrup, grade B
- 2 organic eggs
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups parsnips, shredded
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 4 tablespoons grassfed butter, brought to room temperature
- 2 tablespoons raw honey
Directions Makes 12-14 cupcakes
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a medium size bowl combine flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder and salt.
- In a large bowl whisk together maple syrup, eggs, oil, vanilla and parsnips.
- Combine dry and wet ingredients.
- Line a standard muffin tin with parchment paper liners and pour batter into cups.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely.
- In a large bowl, with a mixer, beat the cream cheese, butter and honey until combined.
- Spread the frosting onto cooled cupcakes.
- Serve or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
- Enjoy! :)