Have you ever tried a leek? Whether you have or not, this six ingredient Paleo Curry Leek recipe is a great place to start.
Leeks have become one of my typical vegetables. When I head to the store I’ll typically pick up a leek or two, depending on the size that’s available.
If you’ve never tried them before they have a mild onion taste and I’d say they’re similar to a super thick green onion (not to be confused with chives – you know that miniature-looking green-onion style herb without the bulb). Goodness gracious have you ever thought about how many different types of onions there are? Well don’t, it may blow your mind.
Leeks can be quite dirty little suckers. I usually trim both ends, slice down the center and give them a good cleaning under running water. If you don’t, you may notice some grit in your meal from the leftover dirt that wasn’t washed out. Not that there’s anything wrong with that, just call it your secret ingredient. ;)
This Paleo side dish will make a good accompaniment to chicken or beef. Plus, if you have any leftovers, fry up an egg, throw it on top and call it a good morning.
Paleo Curry Leeks
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 leeks, halved and sliced
- 3 carrots, halved and sliced
- 3 ribs celery, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon sweet curry
- Melt butter over medium heat in a large skillet.
- Add leeks and cook 2-4 minutes, until starting to get soft.
- Add carrots and celery. Stir to combine and let cook 5-7 minutes.
- Add sea salt and curry. Stir to combine, cover, reduce heat to low an sauté 10-15 minutes.
- Transfer to a medium bowl and serve.
- Enjoy! :)