Jeff and I had dinner with my family to celebrate my mom’s birthday and I made this Paleo Zucchini Bake and a Paleo apple crisp.
Both recipes went over quite well.
If you’re against the inclusion of dairy, no worries, just leave out the parmesan cheese and you’re good to go.
Paleo Zucchini Bake
- 1 tablespoon grass-fed butter
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 8 anaheim peppers, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 4 cups zucchini, chopped
- 3 cups Sofrito
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, shredded, optional
Directions Makes 6-8 servings
- If you haven’t already, whip up a batch of Sofrito.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat and sauté the onion and peppers until soft.
- Stir in the garlic powder, onion powder, oregano, sea salt, black pepper and fresh basil and remove from heat.
- Add the zucchini and Sofrito and mix until combined.
- Transfer the mixture to an 11×7-inch baking dish.
- If using, shred Parmesan cheese over the top of the mixture until fully covered.
- Bake for 35 to 45 minutes or until the zucchini is tender when pierced with a toothpick or sharp knife.
- Remove from oven and serve hot.
- Enjoy! :)