Jeff and I had dinner with my family to celebrate my mom’s birthday and I made this Zucchini Bake and a Paleo apple crisp.
Both recipes went over quite well.
Primal Zucchini Bake
- 1 tablespoon grassfed butter
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 8 anaheim peppers, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 4 cups zucchini, chopped
- 3 cups Sofrito
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, shredded, optional
Directions Makes 6-8 servings
- Preheat the oven to 350°F
- Melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat and saute the onion and peppers until soft.
- Stir in the garlic powder, onion powder, oregano, sea salt, black pepper and fresh basil and remove from heat.
- Add the zucchini and Sofrito and mix until combined.
- Transfer the mixture to an 11×7-inch baking dish.
- If using, shred Parmesan cheese over the top of the mixture until fully covered.
- Bake for 35 to 45 minutes or until the zucchini is tender when pierced with a toothpic or sharp knife.
- Remove from oven and serve hot.
- Enjoy! :)