Everyone likes a recipe with a small amount of ingredients. This Orange Endive Salad satisfies that requirement and delivers big flavor in every bite. :)
I served this Orange Endive Salad with Primal Italian Subs, but you can double or triple the recipe and have this for an entire meal.
Orange Endive Salad
- 1/2 head escarole (endive) lettuce
- 1 orange
- 3-6 grape tomatoes, sliced
- garlic salt, coarse ground black pepper, olive oil, apple cider vinegar, to taste
Directions Serves 2
- Rinse the lettuce under running water, ring it out and lay it down on a cutting board. Chop lettuce and spread it out between two plates.
- Slice both ends off the orange, put off to the side. Slice the rest of the oranges parallel to the ends you just cut off. Then cut each slice in half, so you have multiple half moon orange slices.
- Take each half moon orange slice, peel off the orange peel and spread the orange out into triangular sections on top of the endive. Use the ends of the orange you originally cut off as decoration and don’t forget you can eat those too.
- Arrange 3 sliced grape tomatoes and place on top of orange and endive.
- Sprinkle some garlic salt and pepper on top.
- You can either eat it as is or add your own choice of salad dressing. I tend to use a combination of olive oil and apple cider vinegar, our homemade Italian dressing, most of the time.
- Enjoy! :)