Everyone likes a recipe with a small amount of ingredients. This Orange Endive Salad satisfies that requirement and delivers big flavor in every bite. :)
I served this Orange Endive Salad as a side dish but you can double or triple the recipe and serve this as your meal.
Sometimes there’s just nothing more to say than…let’s eat! :)
Orange Endive Salad
- 1/2 head endive lettuce
- 1 orange
- 3-6 grape tomatoes, sliced
- garlic salt, coarse ground black pepper and olive oil, to taste
Directions Serves 2
- Rinse the lettuce under running water, ring it out and lay on a cutting board. Chop end off and slice.
- Separate endive between two plates.
- Slice both ends off the orange, put off to the side. Slice the rest of the orange, parallel to the ends you just cut off. Then cut each slice in half.
- Cut or use your fingers to peel the half moon orange slices away and add to the top of the endive. Do this over the plates so any juice that comes out falls onto the greens.
- Add sliced grape tomatoes to the orange & endive.
- Sprinkle some garlic salt and black pepper on top, along with a drizzle of olive oil.
- Add the uncut halves of orange (and the ends) to the side of the plate and serve.
- Enjoy! :)