Planning your menu for next week? Consider this tasty Paleo Breakfast Casserole with Chorizo and you’ll have your breakfast covered for the entire week. It’s good served hot straight outta the oven, cold or warmed up the next day or two or three.
A while back Jeff & I decided to start a new habit. After several days and weeks of not leaving the house we decided to make Friday morning/afternoon’s a little more special. We started going out for breakfast and spending time together (without our computer screens in front of us). :)
One Friday morning we happened to wake up pretty early, by our standards, and instead of going out I decided to make this Paleo breakfast casserole. For some reason I had a taste for hash browns too and I made a Paleo Turnip Hash Casserole to serve on the side.
With the looks of the snow outside and having just spent some time away in Miami we won’t be going out for breakfast today. Instead we’ve got a full weekend ahead, celebrating my dad and sister’s birthday and spending time catching up with Rafal & Magda, hearing about their recent travels to Poland. Whatever you’ve got going on, take some time to relax and enjoy the weekend. :)
Paleo Breakfast Casserole with Chorizo
- 1lb chorizo (or other ground meat)
- 10 organic eggs
- 1/2 green pepper, chopped
- 1-2 cups onion, chopped
- sea salt, coarse ground black pepper, dried oregano, to taste
- fresh dill, minced
Directions Serves 3-4
- Preheat the oven to 350°F
- Brown chorizo in a skillet over medium heat, approximately 8-10 minutes.
- Whisk eggs in a medium-large mixing bowl.
- Add green pepper, onion, salt, pepper and oregano to eggs.
- Add chorizo and mix to combine.
- Pour egg mixture into a 2.2 quart oblong baking dish. Cover egg mixture with a layer of fresh dill.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the center has set. (Check using a toothpick.)
- Enjoy! :)