I’m kinda backed up over here. Oh, get your head out of the toilet, I’m talking about blog posts silly. I have about 50 drafts that I’ve started and not published so I’m just gonna start pumpin these puppies out (at least that’s my plan). So let’s start with this Paleo Pumpkin Blueberry Bread recipe. :)
I know, I know…pumpkin is a fall vegetable but if you happen to be like me and freeze pumpkin in large quantities during the fall then you may just have some in your freezer. And, if not, you’ve got a couple different options.
Go pick up some canned pumpkin from the store (just be sure Pumpkin is the first, and only, ingredient on the list).
Another alternative? Pin (or bookmark) this recipe and save it for later. :)
This recipe does not include any added Paleo approved sugar. The banana, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice and fresh blueberries add enough natural sweetness that no additional raw honey or pure maple syrup is really necessary but if you’re so inclined feel free to add some to step 5 below.
Paleo Pumpkin Blueberry Bread
- 1 cup cashews
- 1/2 cup macadamia nuts
- macadamia nut oil
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 banana
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- a pinch of sea salt
- coconut oil
- 1 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen
- Preheat the oven to 375°F
- Add cashews and macadamia nuts to the food processor and blend into a fine nut meal.
- Drizzle macadamia nut oil while the blade is going until you have nut butter.
- Add banana and pumpkin puree to the food processor along with the nut butter and process until you have a thick mixture.
- In a large mixing bowl beat the eggs. Then add the banana nut mixture, almond meal, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice and a pinch of sea salt.
- Mix until combined then fold in blueberries.
- Coat a bread pan with coconut oil and pour your mixture in.
- Bake for 45-60 minutes or until the center is set.
- Let cool for 5-10 minutes before serving warm.
- Enjoy! :)