This recipe is the perfect combination of spicy and sweet.
A Christmas day tradition in our family is that Jeff & I treat our immediate families to dinner at our house. I cook a big feast while Jeff gets the house cleaned up, the table set and keeps out of the kitchen!
I made these little guys as an appetizer one year and they were a pretty big hit. With all the red and green they even look festive!
If you do make them for a large gathering, I recommend making them right before serving. That way, they’ll be fresh and you’ll be less likely to eat them all before your guests arrive!
Note: This guacamole recipe comes straight out of Pigskin Paleo: Game Day Recipes, which means you don’t have to make it just for Christmas. You can have it all football season long. It’s a great finger-food, which always pairs well with sports and good friends.
Happy Holidays! :)
Guacamole Watermelon Bites
- 1 baby watermelon
- 3 avocados
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and chopped
- juice of 3 limes
- 1 cup cilantro, chopped
- sea salt, to taste
- 2 plum tomatoes, chopped
- Cut the watermelon in half. Then slice each half so you get circular pieces. Cut each circular piece into quarters and lay the pieces on a serving platter. The pieces should look triangular, with a curved bottom (because, you know, it's a watermelon and they're round). :)
- In a medium bowl add avocado, in large chunks. Mash with a fork until half smooth and half chunky.
- Add red onion, garlic, jalapeño pepper, lime juice, cilantro and salt to the bowl. Mix until combined.
- Add tomatoes prior to serving and mix well until combined.
- Scoop a serving of guacamole onto each watermelon piece, top with a tiny piece of cilantro and serve immediately.
- Enjoy! :)