Lamb and Lifting.
A Paleo Breakfast Pizza recipe with Lamb Chorizo sausage and a heavy lifting update. Ain’t that a mouth full?
Last week was my first full week back to lifting, regularly. It’s been way too long since I’ve had a regular fitness routine and the best part about it was the fantastic drive that came with it…to get back in the kitchen! I had so many ideas I was thinking of I couldn’t keep up, although I did my best and completely mussed up the kitchen every single day. One of today’s goals is to catch up on dishes. Who am I kidding? That’s like every day’s goal. :p
I can’t exactly tell you why I stopped regularly working out, maybe I just got bored with doing the same thing but all I know is my body craves being active. I’ve been using Instagram lately for motivation and let me tell you, there are so many bodybuilders posting workouts and Instagram vid’s on there that there’s always someone new to find, and in my case, to use for motivation. :) When all else fails, CT Fletcher always comes through.
Today will be the second Monday in a row I’ll be working on legs, primarily squats using the olympic bar in our home gym. Last week I stopped at 135 and Thursday I maxed out at 146lbs. Sunday was deadlift day and I maxed out at 171.5lbs (odd weights I know, because of our international plates). I’m looking to keep pushing, increase those weights, and see what these legs can really do.
Fun thing is lifting gets me energized and excited to hit the kitchen after the gym and make something new. Plus now that Jeff’s back to lifting too, his already hungry-man appetite is wanting even more on his plate. This Paleo Breakfast Pizza with Lamb Chorizo Sausage was one of the first things I made when we got back from Missoula and Jeff loved it!
Give it a try and let me know what you think.
Paleo Breakfast Pizza with Lamb Chorizo
- 1 lb grassfed lamb chorizo sausage
- 8 eggs
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup fresh organic basil, torn
- sea salt, black pepper and garlic powder, to taste
- Using kitchen shears, cut chorizo sausage into slices. Add to an ovenproof skillet over medium heat.
- Crack eggs in a large bowl and whisk.
- Add onion and garlic to sausage and sauté until onions are translucent and sausage is browned.
- Add basil, stir to combine.
- Pour in eggs, season with sea salt, black pepper and garlic powder. Cook for 1-2 minutes on the stove then transfer the skillet to the broiler for the last 3-5 minutes (or until eggs have set).
- Remove skillet from oven (don’t forget the oven mitt!), slice like a pizza and serve.
- Enjoy! :)