If you’re preparing a dish to bring to a BBQ or if you are simply missing the typical homemade white potato salad, I think you’ll love this alternative. My Paleo Sweet Potato Salad can be served either warm or cold.
Jeff & I have a busy weekend ahead! We’ll be celebrating Jeff’s dad’s birthday, going to a concert Saturday night and having another M2T3 night on Sunday.
WooHoo for Concerts
Saturday night Stubhy & Adam of Lucky Boys Confusion are doing another VH1 style storytellers acoustic show at Fitz’s Spare Keys and among the headliners will be AboveWaves. A few months back we went to the 15th Anniversary LBC show and prior to that we went to our first acoustic show with Stubhy & Adam and although I love me a live, loud and intense rock show, the acoustic show with it’s laid back style was really cool too.
What’ll be even better this time around is AboveWaves will be there too. This will be the first time we’ve seen them since they rebranded their style & image. AboveWaves was previously known as Facing Forward and what’s awesome about these guys is that they played all their original music at our wedding reception. I can’t wait to hear their new style.
If you’re free on Saturday night and in the Chicago ‘burbs, come give um a listen. I promise you won’t be disappointed by either band.
The Super Bowl is HERE
On Sunday Michelle & Bob are coming over and we’ve got a full menu planned to prepare for the big game. Over the summer Michelle and & I started M2T3 nights. Curious what it stands for? Well since we both taught math together we had to do something fun that included numbers and we came up with: Marla and Michelle … Taste Testing Tapas.
We’ll either pick out a bunch of dishes we’ve seen and want to test out or we’ll go grocery shopping together and pick up as many new-to-us ingredients as we can find. Then we’ll head over to either of our houses and make a bunch of little tapas style dishes together. We have so much fun cooking and of course Bob & Jeff enjoy all the eating. :)
You can read all about a few of our previous get togethers here or over on Eat, Move, Balance (Michelle’s blog) here, here and here. You may notice a couple recipes in Pigskin Paleo were a product of our M2T3 nights.
Are you still planning your menu for Sunday? Well this recipe is part of a series of Super Bowl ideas I’ve been posting, in addition to my cookbook that was made specifically with game day in mind. To help you out, I’ve listed the most recent recipes in this series all in one place. If you’re on the fence and looking for one more item on your menu, maybe one of these will fill the void.
Game Day Recipes
Garlic Dill Paleo Breadsticks
Primal Salmon Mousse
Belgian Endive Stuffed with Marinated Calamari
Crispy Prosciutto Fruit Cups
Everything But The Kitchen Sink Chili
Paleo Pesto Zucchini
Bite-Size Greek Salad Skewers
Teriyaki Beef Jerky
Guacamole Watermelon Bites
Plus a couple desserts, cuz…why not:
If you try out any of my recipes for the Super Bowl, or any time really, snap a photo and tag me on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Instagram or let me know in the comments below. I’d love to hear how it came out for ya.
Sweet Potato Salad
- 2 sweet potatoes (or yams), roasted, peeled and cubed
- 4 organic eggs, hard boiled and chopped
- 2-3 ribs celery, sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh dill, minced
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise, (I use this homemade recipe)
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- 1/4 cup red onion, minced optional
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced optional
- If you haven't already done so, bake the sweet potatoes for at least an hour at 350°F and hard boil the eggs.
- Once cool, peel and cube the sweet potatoes and add to a large mixing bowl.
- Once cool, chop the eggs and add them to the sweet potatoes.
- Add the celery, dill, mayo, salt and pepper and mix to combine.
- Add chopped red onion if you're looking for a bit more crunch and a few cloves of minced garlic if you're looking for a some flare.
- Serve warm or cold (depending on if you make the sweet potatoes ahead of time or not) and store in the refrigerator for 3-5 days (but I'd be surprised if it lasts that long).
- Enjoy! :)