I made this Hamburger in a Bowl while Jeff, Dave & I were hanging out in a cabin in Crestone, CO.
A quick and delicious meal doesn’t need bread, it just needs a bowl. :)
I was going to call this Paleo Hamburger Helper but I figured that wouldn’t go over so well. Truthfully I’ve never had Hamburger Helper in my life so I can’t say what it tastes like or compare the flavors of this Hamburger in a Bowl recipe to it, but maybe you can.
I don’t typically make a one dish meal but I was using all the ingredients we had picked up from the local grocery store.
Give it a try and let me know what you think.
Hamburger in a Bowl
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2lbs grass-fed ground beef
- 14.5oz can of organic diced tomatoes
- 2 large portobello mushroom caps, chopped
- garlic powder, to taste
- sea salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- paprika, to taste
- 4 leaves organic kale, thinly sliced
- Add onion and garlic to a medium sized skillet over medium heat.
- After 3-5 minutes add ground beef. Mash the meat and toss to combine with onion and garlic.
- Once meat starts to brown, add diced tomatoes, mushrooms and season with garlic powder, sea salt, black pepper and paprika. Note: The more paprika you add the spicier it will get. Give everything a good stir to combine and let cook until meat is done (around 10-12 minutes).
- Ladle your meat into a bowl, garnish with sliced kale and serve.
- Enjoy! :)