Happy Monday! You’ve got six more days to plan your Super Bowl menu and I’ve got 5 more Paleo recipes ready for ya this week. We’re gonna start with these Crispy Prosciutto Fruit Cups.
Prosciutto can be so delicate, specifically when you crisp it up in the oven. I made this recipe during my Christmas cooking marathon when I was preparing a tapas dinner for our family. I used the bottom of my mini cupcake muffin pan to create the little cups and this is the first time that mincing has really been appropriate. I usually let Jeff try the food as I’m making it but I wouldn’t let him come near these little guys because they were so fragile and I only had so many accounted for each person. When he did try them he couldn’t get enough. :)
On Friday I found out my Cayenne Kicks Your Ass Chicken Soup was published in the most recent edition of the Paleo Living Magazine, for the iPad. If you own an iPad be sure to check it out and watch for more of my recipes to be published.
Pigskin Paleo Event
This weekend I had a great turn out at my Pigskin Paleo event with the Bensenville Library. Thank you to all those that made it out and who purchased a book! My Primal Granola Bars went over well with everyone and I really enjoyed discussing the ins and outs of Paleo with those who were unfamiliar. I brought a few fresh fruits and vegetables that were less known, such as a celery root, to initiate conversation and I have to admit I was caught off guard when one person knew what it was. :)
Crispy Prosciutto Fruit Cups
- coconut oil
- 4oz prosciutto
- 1 apricot, minced
- 1/2 mango, minced
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 bunch flat leaf parsley, torn
- 1 container red currants
Directions Makes 8-10 servings
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Grease the bottoms of each mini cupcake tin with coconut oil.
- Cut prosciutto slices into two-inch squares. Place one square over each cup of a mini cupcake tin.
- Bake until fat turns golden, about 10-15 minutes.
- Using a fork and your fingers, immediately transfer the shells to a paper towel to cool. Be very gentle working with the prosciutto cups, the slightest tension will cause them to crack, but work as quick as possible.
- In a small bowl combine apricot, mango and lemon juice.
- When prosciutto cups have completely cooled add a piece of flat leaf parsley the size of the base to each cup.
- Just before serving, place a teaspoon of the fruit mixture into each cup.
- Top each cup off with a single red current and serve.
- Enjoy! :)