You know those days when you just don’t feel like yourself. Either you haven’t gotten enough sleep or something has caused your daily “routine” to change. Well I have had that feeling and I’ve been CRAVING sweets like crazy. Today that sweet tooth was satisfied by this Paleo Apple Pie in a bowl. :)
Most of the time I go into the kitchen, look around, throw a bunch of stuff in either a bowl, a frying pan or the blender. Then I’ll put it into a glass or a plate, post a photo and serve it to Jeff.
Well this recipe was no different. With a large amount of bananas in the kitchen staring me down and because Jeff absolutely loves them, that was the first ingredient I picked up. Since I was craving something sweet the next thing I reached for was a Fuji apple or two.
Once I added the almond butter and stirred that around a bit to create a smoother consistency, I knew I was done.
Taste’s like apple pie in your mouth and no need for the crust, PLUS it’s super quick and an easy way to customize and satisfy your sweet tooth.
Paleo Apple Pie in a Bowl
- 1 banana
- 1 Fuji apple (or whatever apple you have on hand)
- 1 heaping tablespoon chunky almond butter (soooo...maybe it was more like 2 tablespoons) :)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- Slice the banana and add it to a medium sized bowl.
- Slice the apple, then chop it into medium size squares (comparable in size to the distance from your first knuckle to the tip of your thumb) and add it to the bowl with the banana.
- Add the almond butter, cinnamon and nutmeg to the bowl. Make sure parts of the banana slices are mashed so the almond butter and banana mix together to make a smooth texture.
- With a large spoon, probably the one you used to scoop the almond butter, mix everything together. Taste to see if more almond butter or cinnamon is needed.
- Then take that bowl and spoon and walk anywhere you want.
- Enjoy! :)