You know those days when you just don’t feel like yourself. Either you haven’t gotten enough sleep or something has caused your daily “routine” to change. Well that’s how I’ve felt the last couple days and I’ve been CRAVING sweets like crazy. Today that sweet tooth was satisfied by this concoction that came out of my kitchen.
Most the time I go into the kitchen, look around, throw a bunch of stuff in either a bowl, a frying pan or the blender. Then I’ll put it into a glass or a plate, post a photo of it and serve it to Jeff (and sometimes Dave too).
Well this recipe was no different. We have a large quantity of bananas right now, because Jeff absolutely loves them, and I just went shopping. When that nagging feeling came this afternoon to eat something sweet I went in the kitchen and made this satisfying dish. :)
Primal Apple Pie in a bowl
- 1 banana
- 1 Fuji apple (or whatever apple you have on hand)
- 1 heaping tablespoon chunky almond butter (soooo…maybe it was more like 2 tablespoons) :)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
Directions Makes 2 servings
- Slice the banana and add it to a medium sized bowl.
- Slice the apple, then chop it into medium size squares (comparable in size to the distance from your first knuckle to the tip of your thumb) and add it to the bowl with the banana.
- Add the almond butter, cinnamon and nutmeg to the mixture.
- With a large spoon, probably the one you used to scoop the almond butter, mix everything together. Taste to see if more almond butter or cinnamon is needed.
- Then take that bowl and spoon and walk anywhere you want and enjoy your apple pie in a bowl! :)
Feel free to share the recipe using the social media buttons at the top of the page. :)