Egg salad is another easy meal to throw together and enjoy at any time but summer is the perfect time because it requires the least amount of heat. You can boil the eggs, walk away and not even need to deal with the oven. :)
When you prepare a big batch of egg salad you should bring it with you on a picnic! When’s the last time you went on a picnic? Give it a try, it only requires the use of a blanket. Oh! And you should bring an Aerobie flying ring! Have you seen them yet? OMG, they’re so, so fun! Kick off your shoes, bring your egg salad to the park and do some sprints (before you eat would probably be best).
Jeff & I play with our Aerobie ring in the park at the end of our block. We get in a good round of sprints chasing after the thing because it flies 10x farther than a typical frisbee! (Maybe you should check on that, don’t take it as fact…but it really does fly far!)
Paleo Egg Salad
Besides having a picnic, you could also bring your Paleo Egg Salad to the beach or even pack it for work.
Relax, enjoy the sunshine, read a book, and nosh on some Paleo Egg Salad.
Paleo Appetizer, Anyone?
You can prepare your egg salad as an appetizer by serving it stuffed in a peppadew! Just know those suckers are small so you may need to buy a bucket of peppadew’s for stuffing. I picked up around 20 and served the egg salad in a bowl on the side.
What is a Peppadew?
A peppadew is a brand of piquanté peppers. (Source)
You’ll typically find them in the self-serve olive bar at your local grocery store.
Paleo Egg Salad in a Peppadew
- 12 large organic eggs, hard boiled
- 1/2-1 cup Spicy Paleo Garlic Aioli
- 1/2 cup onion, minced
- 20 peppadews
- paprika, to taste
- Chop the hard boiled eggs in both directions using an egg slicer or mince using a sharp knife.
- Add eggs to a medium-sized mixing bowl along with aioli and minced onion. Stir to combine everything.
- Using a teaspoon, spoon egg salad into each peppadew and lay on a serving dish.
- Sprinkle each peppadew with a tad of paprika and serve with a bowl of remaining egg salad on the side. Serve with a spoon.
- Enjoy! :)