This is the perfect recipe for those of you who think you don’t know how to cook, because it’s so easy. Just toss the meat in a skillet with some chopped veggies and seasonings, cook until the veggies are soft and the meat is browned, and voila! You have a tasty, nutritious meal!
You can always just eat the meat and veggies by themselves if that’s what you prefer, or for a little added flavor, you can drizzle some Paleo Tzatziki Sauce over this dish. I promise the Tzatziki sauce won’t kill your I’m-no-cook attitude because it’s super simple too! :)
The Perfect Throw Together Meal
This recipe makes a perfect throw-together meal to make in the middle of a busy week, or you can make it ahead of time and reheat it for lunch. It’s event tasty cold, if you can’t reheat it.
An Alternative to Lamb
Not a fan of lamb, or you can’t find some good quality stuff? Switch up the protein and check out my Hamburger in a Bowl recipe instead. It’s just as easy and just as quick, with different ingredients and a completely different flavor.
Lamburger in a Bowl
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1lb ground lamb
- 1-2 cups baby portobello mushrooms, sliced
- dried savory leaves, to taste
- garlic powder, to taste
- sea salt, to taste
- Paleo Tzatziki Sauce, (optional)
- Add onion and red pepper to a dry skillet over medium heat. Stir to combine and coat the pan so it doesn't stick.
- Add ground lamb, sliced mushrooms, savory leaves, garlic powder and sea salt. Cover, stir every few minutes, until meat is cooked throughout.
- If you haven't made the Paleo Tzatziki Sauce, whip out your food processor and follow the directions to whip it up in minutes.
- Transfer lamb mixture to a bowl and top with a drizzle of Paleo Tzatziki Sauce, then serve.
- Enjoy! :)