I added the subs to this week’s meal plan originally as an extra snack for Jeff, but instead I decided to make them as a quick lunch along with a side salad. This recipe is super simple and quick to make so without further adieu, here’s the details.
Primal Italian Sub
- 4 slices black forest ham
- 2 slices baby swiss cheese
- 8 slices genoa salami
- 6 slices roast beef
- mustard, mayo, dried oregano, coarse ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 banana pepper, sliced
Directions Serves 2
- Lay out 3 slices of roast beef, slightly overlapping on a plate.
- Lay 2 slices of ham perpendicular to the roast beef slices, again slightly overlapping each other.
- Lay down 4 slices of salami, two-by-two, on top of the ham.
- Lay down 1 slice of swiss cheese on top of the salami.
- Spread some mustard and mayo on top of the cheese.
- Arrange one of the handfulls of onion on top of the cheese.
- If you haven’t already, slice the ends off the banana pepper, slice pepper down the center and deseed. Then chop the banana pepper. Add a handfull of pepper and mix in with the onion.
- Add any seasonings you like, I added Oregano and Black Pepper
- Next roll up the sub, starting the roll along the longest side.
- Cut the sub in half and put to the side to use the rest of the space on the plate for the Orange Endive Salad.
- If you’re making another sub, follow directions 1-9 above one more time with the leftover ingredients.
- Package up any leftover ingredients you may have for another day, or use them on top of your salad.
- Enjoy! :)