This bitter Paleo Endive Chipotle Salad is not for those craving sweet…or is it? ;)
For Christmas some gifts I received came from Olive Cart and each ingredient so far has been delicious.
Usually I serve up a generous amount of olive oil on our salads but I decided to dial back when using the Olive Cart olive oils since the bottles are so much smaller than my typical extra virgin olive oil.
Just a taste of the Tuscan Herb olive oil goes quite a long way. In addition to the Olive Cart oils I also received some special salts and I tested out the Tuscan Herb Chipotle salt on this salad. It was a nice change from the typical coarse sea salt I use from Penzey’s – and the Chipotle salt gave some extra flavor to the endive.
Have you used any speciality salts to cook with or season after cooking? Let me know if there’s anything you think I should try. :)
Paleo Endive Chipotle Salad
- 1 head endive, chopped
- 1 orange pepper, chopped
- 1/2 fennel bulb, chopped
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 leek, halved and sliced
- 1/4 cup pepitas
- 1 tablespoon coarse ground black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic
- dried basil, apple cider vinegar, Tuscan Herb chipotle salt, Tuscan Herb olive oil, to taste
- 4 organic eggs, hard boiled and sliced
- Combine all ingredients, except eggs, in a large mixing bowl. Stir to combine.
- Plate salad, top with sliced egg and serve.
- Enjoy! :)