I’ve had a recipe for German Apple Pancakes bookmarked FOREVER and since I’ve been going through and organizing my pins I decided it was about time to use that inspiration for some paleo goodness.
These came out delicious and I got a good reception on Facebook too! :)
Mini Paleo Breakfast Apple Pies
- 6 organic eggs
- 1 cup coconut milk, canned
- 3 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 4 apples, cored and diced
- 2 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons raw organic honey
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- juice of 1/2 lime
Directions Makes 3-5 servings
- Preheat Oven to 425°F
- In a large bowl combine eggs, coconut milk, coconut oil, vanilla and maple syrup.
- In a small bowl stir coconut flour, nutmeg and baking soda.
- Mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix well to combine. Set it aside while you prepare the apples.
- In a large frying pan heat the coconut oil and raw organic honey together.
- Add in cinnamon, nutmeg and lime juice – stir and cook for 1 minute.
- Add in apples and sauté until all of them are nicely coated.
- I was able to use my Paula Deen Butter Warmer, but if you don’t have that you can use a small pan, to melt the leftover coconut oil.
- If you have Ramekins you can use them, but since I don’t have them I used my Wilton Non-Stick Tart/Quiche Pans and divided the apple mixture between them. Then evenly divide the egg mixture on top of the apples between the pans.
- Place the tart pans on a baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes at 425°F.
- Then reduce to 375°F and cook for an additional 20 minutes.
- Enjoy! :)