I went into the kitchen in the morning, super tired, and didn’t feel like making what I had planned. I tend to wind up reaching for the eggs & frying pan to make eggs over easy when that happens but this morning I felt like having something light for breakfast…enter my blender and instant creativity!
I raided the refrigerator and came up with this bacon & unconventional egg duo. I mean who doesn’t love bacon? I got my counter top griddle fired up and the bacon started then pulled out the blender and started adding to it. This is what I came out with.
Primal Green Smoothie
- 3 tablespoons 100% liquid egg whites
- 1/2 cup fresh mint, torn
- 1 avocado
- 1.5 cups organic baby kale
- 3 baby oranges (also referred to as Tangerines or Mandarin Oranges)
- 6 ice cubes
- 1/2 cup water
Directions Makes 2 servings
- Add everything to blender
- I have a setting on my blender for Crush Ice so I use that to chop up anything hard first, then switch the setting to Liquefy.
- If there’s too much ice it may be thicker than you’d like so add some water and Liquefy again. Continue to do so until it’s the right consistency for you.
- Pour into a glass, fry up a serving of bacon on the side and enjoy your lighter version of bacon & eggs.
- Enjoy! :)