I went into the kitchen in the morning feeling extremely tired and I didn’t feel like making what I had planned. I tend to wind up reaching for the eggs & frying pan to make eggs over easy when that happens but this morning I felt like having something light for breakfast.
My blender and instant creativity were what I turned to instead.
I raided the refrigerator and came up with enough ingredients to put together this unconventional egg smoothie and served it alongside my favorite bacon, from US Wellness Meats.
Who Doesn’t Love Bacon?
I pulled out my counter top griddle, fired it up and got the bacon started.
Then I pulled out the blender and added all the ingredients to it.
In just a short amount of time, breakfast was served.
Primal Green Smoothie
- 3 tablespoons 100% liquid egg whites
- 1/2 cup fresh mint, torn
- 1 avocado
- 1.5 cups organic baby kale
- 3 baby oranges (also referred to as Tangerines or Mandarin Oranges)
- 6 ice cubes
- 1/2 cup water
- Add all the ingredients to a blender. (I have a setting on my blender called Crush Ice so I use that to chop up anything hard first, then switch the setting to Liquefy.)
- If there's too much ice it may be thicker than you'd like so add some water and Liquefy again. Continue to do so until it's the right consistency for you.
- Pour into a glass, fry up a serving of sugar-free bacon and enjoy your lighter version of bacon & eggs.
- Enjoy! :)