When you want to serve something different for breakfast, reach for this Avocado Salmon Breakfast Salad.
A lot of people struggle with the idea of eating a salad for breakfast, but it’s actually awesome. According to Terry Wahls, we should all be eating three dinner plates full of vegetables every day in order to stay healthy. Veggies come packed with micronutrients, anti-oxidants, and prebiotic fiber to feed the good bacteria in our guts.
Eating a salad for breakfast may take a little getting used to, but it’s well worth it. You’ll feel better and you won’t be hungry for hours. Just throw a little fat and protein on top of those vegetables and you have one tasty, nutritious meal that would make Terry Wahls proud.
The thought of prepping a salad first thing in the morning might seem daunting, but it’s actually quick and easy, especially if you pre-wash and pre-cut your vegetables.
I clean, chop and store my veggies in Pyrex containers as soon as I bring them home from the grocery store to save time when I want to throw a salad like this together and serve.
It will only take you a few minutes to grab and go. And don’t underestimate the power of a Paleo salad for breakfast! :)
Avocado Salmon Breakfast Salad
- 1/3 cucumber, chopped
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 cups mixed organic greens
- 4 radishes, sliced
- pomegranate seeds
- 4 slices smoked salmon
- avocado oil
- garlic salt and coarse ground black pepper, to taste
- Wash and plate the mixed greens.
- Sprinkle cucumber, avocado, onion and radishes over the top.
- Add pomegranate seeds to the top - they give that extra added dessert flavor.
- Sprinkle with salt & pepper then drizzle avocado oil all around.
- Finally, layer two slices per plate of smoked salmon on top.
- Serve with some fresh cut fruit (blueberries, raspberries, mandarin oranges, etc.) on the side.
- Enjoy! :)