If you’re like a few people I know, a long list of ingredients may scare you away from a really good recipe. DON’T LET THAT BE YOU!
I promised some friends on Facebook that I would post this recipe this week and here she is. :) These Paleo Deconstructed Stuffed Peppers get their kick thanks to the addition of one banana pepper.
Jeff, Dave & I were working on location in Austin during SXSW and we got back a little over a week ago but it’s been a slow process catching up on email, tax prep, client projects, photo editing and a new goal that I’ve set for myself – but I’ll have more about Austin and my new goal next week, stay tuned! :)
Today I just wanted to kick out this spicy recipe for you.
After we came home from TX I ran to the grocery store to fill the refrigerator with fresh fruit and veggies. After only cooking a few times while in TX, I got used to eating out and not eating as well as when we’re at home, so it took me 2-3 days to warm back up to getting back in the kitchen again. But when I did, I felt much better. I’ve always found cooking to be quite relaxing. :)
I bought all the ingredients I needed to make pork stuffed peppers but when it came down to it I was just not in the mood. So I cut the cooking time in half and did everything on the stove. If you’re looking for a quick and delicious dinner, I think you’ll enjoy this one. Also, feel free to change up the protein and use ground beef, ground bison or even ground lamb in place of the ground pork for a little change in flavor. Oh! and like I mentioned above, don’t let that list of ingredients stop you, the ingredient list is pretty small minus the herbs and seasonings. If you don’t have some, then just use salt and pepper and it’ll be just as good.
Have a great weekend and I’ll be back to my regular recipe posting schedule next week! See ya then. :)
Paleo Deconstructed Stuffed Peppers with a Kick
- 1lb ground pork
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 large onion, minced (or one small onion)
- 1 green pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 banana pepper, thinly sliced
- 4-6 fresh basil leaves, torn
- 1 box (26.46oz) chopped tomatoes (I prefer Pomi brand)
- 1-2 pieces fresh curly parsley, optional
Directions Makes 1-3 serving
- Add the ground pork to a skillet over medium heat. Stir in minced garlic, black pepper, sea salt, garlic powder, onion powder, dried basil, dried oregano, coriander, dried thyme and brown the meat.
- Add onion, peppers, fresh basil and chopped tomatoes, stir to combine.
- Bring mixture to a boil, cover and let simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Pour into a bowl, garnished with fresh curly parsley, and serve.
- Enjoy! :)