I really enjoy cooking and I made this salad for my friend Kathleen’s son Kyle, on his first birthday. It was a huge hit and she’s asked me to bring this salad on more than one occasion.
Kathleen asked me to make it for her younger son, Korey’s, baptism and this recipe kicked off the launch of Paleo Porn! Kathleen’s family was asking for the recipe and I couldn’t help but share. :)
It really bothers me when I make something really good and then I can’t remember how I made it so Paleo Porn has become my digital recipe box. And I’m happy to share! This recipe can also be found in my first cookbook, Pigskin Paleo.
Marla's Famous Spinach Salad
- 2-3 cups organic spinach
- 1 small head purple cabbage, chopped
- 16 ounces of fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1 mango, chopped
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese, cubed
- 1 tablespoon raw honey
- ground black pepper, to taste
- balsamic vinegar
Directions Serves 4-6
- Rinse spinach, transfer to a cutting board, chop and transfer to a medium size bowl.
- Rinse and peal off the outer few layers of the cabbage. Transfer to a cutting board and chop the cabbage. Then add it to the top of the spinach in the bowl.
- Rinse and hull strawberries. Transfer to cutting board and slice. Chop the mango and add both fruits to the bowl on top of the spinach.
- Cube the mozzarella cheese and add to the bowl.
- Sprinkle black pepper over mozzarella, add honey and pour the balsamic vinegar from one side of the bowl to the other, from front to back.
- Toss the mixture and taste if more honey or vinegar is necessary.
- Enjoy! :)
This recipe is not considered Sugar-Free because traces of sugar can be found in balsamic vinegar.