I have to tell you, I can’t remember the last time I had corn. But it doesn’t matter because this Maple Paleo Cornbread is freaking delicious! I kid you not. Give it a try, I dare ya.
Before we “went Paleo”, cornbread wasn’t something I would eat too often.
But whenever I would I always enjoyed the smooth texture, not the one that included chunks of corn. This recipe is smooth like a baby’s bottom. ;)
Whenever I would eat cornbread with chunks I would think, why didn’t they finish grinding the corn?
This Paleo Cornbread is sweetened with maple syrup, which I’ve found to be less offensive than honey (i.e. it doesn’t give me a sugar rush and make me crazy).
If you’re planning your menu for a fantastic Paleo Thanksgiving or you just have a taste for cornbread, I highly recommend you try this one out.
And even if you don’t have a craving it’s a nice change.
Side Note: If you make this Paleo Cornbread a few days ahead of Thanksgiving you’ll be prepared to make Paleo Stuffing!
Maple Paleo Cornbread
- 2 cups blanched almond flour
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 5 organic eggs
- 1 cup canned coconut milk
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 8 tablespoons grass-fed butter, melted
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Combine almond flour, coconut four, baking soda and sea salt in a large mixing bowl.
- Add eggs, coconut milk and maple syrup to a small mixing bowl and combine well with a hand mixer.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and add the wet ingredients. Mix with a hand mixer until fully combined.
- Slowly drizzle the melted butter into the bowl while the mixer is going and mix until fully combined. The mixture will become smooth, rather than grainy, once the butter is fully mixed.
- Grease an 8x8 glass baking dish with your choice of fat and then pour the mixture in. Smooth the top with the back of the spoon and transfer the dish to the oven.
- Bake for 25 minutes at 350°F.
- Increase the heat to 450°F and bake for 15 minutes, this will crisp up the top of the cornbread.
- Reduce the heat back to 350°F and bake for final 15 minutes. Test with a toothpick to make sure inside is fully cooked. If not, keep cookin and test every 5 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, slice and serve.
- Cover and store leftovers on the counter or in the refrigerator.
- Enjoy! :)