Fingers and Legs, it’s what’s for dinner!
I’m not one to make chicken legs often but I made a garlic chicken leg recipe for Christmas dinner and when I passed the legs at the grocery store I couldn’t pass them up (well they were also on sale) so bazinga! :)
Bacon Garlic Chicken Legs and Finger Potatoes
- 1.5 pounds organic fingerling potatoes
- 3 pounds chicken legs
- 4 cloves garlic
- 6 ounces bacon
- your choice of fat (coconut oil, tallow, lard, etc.)
- sea salt and coarse ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Wash and chop the potatoes into semi large pieces.
- Slice cloves of garlic.
- Peel the skin back on the chicken legs and stuff the slices of garlic under the skin.
- Add the chicken legs to an 11×7-inch Pyrex dish.
- Lay bacon over the legs.
- Layer the potatoes around the legs.
- Sprinkle potatoes with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle fat over potatoes.
- Add dish to preheated oven and bake for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes spin dish around and cook for another 20 minutes.
- Take out of oven and let cool.
- Enjoy! :)