Many people complain that a Paleo lifestyle seems complicated and expensive. Well this recipe is neither. The aroma of this Italian Style Paleo Pork Neck Bones recipe made my mouth water…all damn day!
Pork neck bones are not your typical protein source and for that reason you can get them pretty cheap. I bought a package of almost 3 pounds of bones for less than $3.00. Now think about that, what can you buy for $3?! I have to admit there’s not a ton of meat on the bones BUT you simply can’t beat the price and flavor they create. Plus, this gives you a good chance to amp up on your veggies.
Create your own neck bone based stew by adding your favorite veggies to the slow cooker, I promise the scent of this meal will have you salivating until it’s time to dive in.
Italian Style Paleo Pork Neck Bones
- 3lbs pork neck bones
- sea salt and black pepper
- 1 box (26.46oz) chopped tomatoes (I prefer Pomi brand)
- 1 cup fresh basil, torn
- garlic powder and onion powder, to taste
- 1 onion, chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, smashed
- Season the neck bones with sea salt and black pepper and brown them in a pan over medium heat. Depending on the size of your pan you will probably have to do this in shifts. Transfer to the bottom of the crockpot each time.
- Pour chopped tomatoes over the bones. Add fresh basil, garlic powder and onion powder over the top of the tomatoes. Add onion and garlic and stir to combine everything.
- Cover and cook on high for 6 hours.
- Pour into bowls and serve. A simple side salad of cabbage, onion, salt, pepper and olive oil would go well with this but it can also be a complete meal by itself.
- Enjoy! :)