Holy balls, well in this case I’m talking about whole blanched hazelnut balls. Things sure have been crazy around here! Today I’ve got a quick little throw together Rocket Grapefruit Salad recipe to share plus, I have really fun news. I found my evening gown for the pageant!! :)
So, first a little about my dress. I don’t want to give too much away but after several hours in stores, many more hours of online dress pinning and who knows how many dresses I tried on in different colors and styles, I finally found the perfect dress for me…..and IT’S AWESOME!
I absolutely love it. There’s enough flare that I think it will really represent my style well when I get on stage.
There’s a little gold, a little hot pink and a lot of feathers.
Thanks to Sue at Bra’Zan Couture in Naperville for helping me determine my final dress choice, and of course thanks to my friends Aleya & Lindsay for coming with me on the preliminary shopping spree. I would not have been able to find THE ONE. Aaaand I think that’s enough sharing about the dress for now. :)
Thank you so much to those who have already become a sponsor.
There’s still time if you’d like to help (especially if you’d like to take advantage of the Paleo goodies I’m offering). Just hit up my sponsor page to read all the details and help me win the crown. :)
If you’re interested in being a part of my cheering section on the day of the pageant just let me know. I’m currently tallying up the number of tickets and this Friday I’ll be reserving the seats for all my family and friends.
Although my day starts at 7:30am and the interview portion will take place before anyone even arrives, the preliminary competition starts at 6pm and the final competition starts at 8pm. Here are all the need to know details if you’re interested in cheering me on, in person:
- What: The Mrs. Illinois/America Pageant
- When: Saturday, May 18th, 2013 from 6-10pm
- Where: Wentz Concert Hall, 171 E. Chicago, Naperville IL
- How Much: $35.00 per person ahead of time and $40.00 per person at the door
There’s so much fun stuff going on behind the scenes that I wish I could share, but I don’t want to jump the gun too soon. On that note, if you’ll be in Chicago tonight we will be at the Impossible HQ meetup, so come hang with Joel Runyon, 2/3 of the Spyr Media folks and Amy Clover at Old Town Social (455 W. North Ave., Chicago) at 7:30pm. Hope to see ya there.
Rocket Grapefruit Salad
- 3 cups baby arugula (rocket)
- 1/2 grapefruit, sliced
- 2 persian cucumbers, sliced
- 1/3 cup macadamia nuts or blanched hazelnuts, halved
- sea salt, to taste
- extra virgin olive oil, to taste (I prefer Academia Barilla for salads)
Directions Serves 1-2
- Add arugula to a bowl along with grapefruit, cucumber, macadamia nuts (or hazelnuts) and sea salt.
- Drizzle with olive oil, toss and serve. – I won’t blame you if you don’t share. ;)
- Enjoy! :)