We’re currently soaking in the rays of Miami Beach, celebrating Jeff & Mike turning 30 but I just wanted to share the meal I just threw together.
We arrived in Miami in the early evening last night before Mike and Chip.
My plan was to hit up a grocery store to stock up our kitchen for the next five days before everyone arrived but Jeff & I had work to do to put the final touches on my cookbook (what cookbook you ask? It comes out 9.5.12 so stay tuned!), so we didn’t leave the house right away.
A half hour before Mike & Chip landed Jeff and I walked a few hotels away to the SoHo Beach House where we ate at Cecconi’s. Typically when we eat out I like to order something that I wouldn’t typically make at home so when I saw grilled octopus on the menu I had to order it for our appetizer. The octopus was delicious and after we finished our dinner, with a free dessert thrown in by our waitress due to the delay of the kitchen, Mike & Chip arrived. We walked around South Beach checking out the nightlife but personally I was on the look out for a grocery store. At the hour we wound up walking around at the best I could find was Walgreens. After some foraging through the aisles I found some Paleo-ish supplies and we walked the 1.5 miles home with groceries in hand.
A Walgreens Lunch: Paleo Style
We went to the beach early and came back to the penthouse for lunch. I used my Walgreens ingredients and in 10 minute our meal was ready! I scrambled 8 eggs and added some pepperoni slices. (Typically I wouldn’t buy packaged meat like that but that was the best of the worst that was available.) I picked up 2 plastic containers of pre made salad so I used those as the base for the meal. Topped the salad with the pepperoni scramble. Garnished the dish with a slice of mango and served it with a side of red delicious apples topped with peanut butter (would have preferred almond butter but you take what you get) and a sprinkle of chocolate-chips. This meal made for a nice protein source with the eggs and a fresh fruit dessert. And the non-Paleo crowd (Mike & Chip) enjoyed it, plus this lunch from Walgreens only cost $5.88/person.
Next Wednesday is a big day! The NFL season starts with the first regular season opener. Along with the start of the football season I’ve got big news coming, so stay tuned! :)
A Walgreens Lunch
- 8 eggs
- 1 package pepperoni slices
- 2 containers pre-made salad
- 1 mango, peeled, pitted and sliced
- 2 red delicious apples
- peanut butter
- chocolate chips
- Crack eggs in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Using a fork break the yolks and stir the fork to combine all the eggs. The longer they cook the more you should keep stirring.
- After 1-2 minutes, once eggs have slightly started to firm, add pepperoni slices and let the eggs firm up.
- Split the pre-made salad across four plates.
- Wash and slice apple. Apply a teaspoon of peanut butter to each slice and top with chocolate chips.
- Top the salad with pepperoni-scramble and serve with a side of sliced mango.
- Enjoy! :)