This weekend I was going through some papers in the house and decided to weed out my unused cookbooks too. I found a recipe for Two-Cheese Potato and Cauliflower Soup, which happened to not need any adjustment to make it Primal but I wound up making a few changes anyway. :)
I’m not a fan of blue cheese so I took that out and made a few changes in the end to create a varied consistency. Overall Jeff really enjoyed this soup and I hope you do too.
Cheesy-Potato and Cauliflower Soup Adapted from Easy Home Cooking magazine 12-06/01-07
- 1 tablespoon grassfed butter
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 5 cups whole milk (or coconut milk, almond milk, etc.)
- 1lb yukon gold potatoes, peeled or unpeeled and diced
- 1lb cauliflower florets
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 1/2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- coarse ground black pepper
- Melt butter in saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add onions and cook for 4 minutes, or until onions are translucent.
- Stir in garlic. Then add milk, potatoes, cauliflower, salt and red pepper. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer 15 minutes, or until potatoes are tender.
- Transfer mixture to a blender, working in batches and process until smooth. Leave a few servings of soup unprocessed if you prefer a few chunky bits. If you’d prefer the soup smooth, continue to process.
- Stir in cheese until melted.
- Serve with topped with a extra shredded cheese, black pepper or chopped parsley (as pictured).
- Enjoy! :)