Life has been on standstill recently for me and it feels like months ago that I made this Pork Vindaloo. But, I’m finally ready to share this pressure cooker recipe.
I’ve been working on our taxes for our business and personal filings and when I start that monstrous project, every year, I typically don’t let anything else get in my way until it’s finished.
Problem is, that’s not all I have had going on!
I truly enjoy being the
business accountant unpaid intern for SPYR. It’s like holding all the money when you play Monopoly or maybe a more current analogy would be holding all the resource cards in Catan.
Some might find tax season dreadful and hectic and I only feel that way when the numbers don’t work out. However when the numbers, categories and stars align ;) … it’s so satisfying.
In the middle of finalizing our tax paperwork and working on AM Paleo I recently found myself down for the count! I lost what felt like a month but was only 5 days of productivity due to stomach pain, extreme sleepiness, bloating and a host of other issues.
I slept a lot, would wake up, feel fine, eat something and then I came down with a case of sulfur burps that lasted two days. If you’ve never experienced that, you don’t want to. ACK!
Then Jeff realized that I may have just been dehydrated. I’ve been guzzling water by the Klean Kanteen full and am finally feeling closer to normal.
While I was worrying about getting everything done I wasn’t eating or drinking much. Let that be a lesson to ya. Your health and what you put in (or rather don’t put in) your body should always come first.
On that note, this pressure cooker Paleo Pork Vindaloo will definitely save you time and your body will love you for it. I can’t wait to get back to my kitchen and start cooking again!
Pressure Cooker Paleo Pork Vindaloo
- 1 tablespoon lard
- 3lbs pork butt (also called Boston butt or pork shoulder)
- sea salt and coarse ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 yam, peeled and Julienne sliced
- 3 parsnips, peeled and sliced
- 8 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 1/2 – 2 onions, sliced
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cloves
- 3 cups beef broth
- 13.5 oz chopped tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- Prep your vegetables and chop the pork butt into 1-2″ cubes. Season the cubed meat with sea salt and black pepper.
- Add the lard to a pressure cooker over medium-high heat. Once the lard is melted and just starting to smoke add the seasoned meat and brown on all sides. Remove and transfer to a bowl.
- Add the yam, parsnips, garlic, onion, mustard seeds, paprika, cumin, cayenne pepper and cloves to the pressure cooker and stir to combine. Let cook for 5-7 minutes or until the onion starts to become soft.
- Add the pork to the pot along with the beef broth, chopped tomatoes and sherry vinegar. Stir everything then add the lid.
- Bring pressure up to high and once the pressure signal pops, reduce heat down to medium-low and cook for 30 minutes, making sure pressure stays consistent.
- Follow the natural release method by removing the pressure cooker from heat and allowing it to sit until the pressure inside reduces and the signal lowers.
- Serve over Garlic Shiitake Steamed Rice with a side salad.
- Enjoy! :)