These are so, NOT Paleo.
Every March people swarm to McDonalds for a Shamrock Shake. I decided, why not make those delicious frothy green treats at home.
This way I know exactly what is going into it. With a little playin around with my trusty blender this is a nice at home replacement for when you’re itching to have that Shamrock Shake.
- 3 cups vanilla ice cream
- 1.5 cups whole milk
- about 1/2 tsp (or more) pure mint extract
- 3-5 drops green food coloring
- Add all the ingredients to the blender and mix away.
- Try a bit and see if it needs a bit more mint extract.
- Depending on the color, you may need a few more drops of food coloring, if you’d like it to be more green.
- Pour into glasses and serve.
- Enjoy! :)