This is so, NOT a Paleo version of Shamrock Shakes.
Although I guarantee it to be more healthy than ordering a gazillion size from McDonald’s.
Every March people swarm to McDonalds for a Shamrock Shake. I know, I used to be one of them. But at some point you realize that making things at home is much healthier than relying on fast food restaurants to provide you anything close to edible so I decided, why not make my own version of those delicious frothy green treats at home!
By making them at home I know exactly what is going into it. With a little testing with my trusty blender this is a nice at home replacement for when you’re itching to have that Shamrock Shake.
And if you’re looking for the Paleo Shamrock Shake Recipe, here she is. :)
- 3 cups vanilla ice cream
- 1.5 cups whole milk
- about 1/2 tsp (or more) pure mint extract
- 3-5 drops green food coloring
- Add all the ingredients to the blender and mix away.
- Try a bit and see if it needs a bit more mint extract.
- Depending on the color, you may need a few more drops of food coloring, if you'd like it to be more green.
- Pour into glasses and serve.
- Enjoy! :)