We’re currently in Portland for the World Domination Summit and yesterday the Spyr Media team took a field trip to Whole Foods to pick up some supplies. This lunch was the result of products we picked up from that fun little trip.
I’ve never been to a Whole Foods, or any other grocery store for that matter, where there were local options available and promoted. Although I enjoy grocery shopping regularly, this little trip through Whole Foods was extra fun spotting all the different local options that are not available in the Chicagoland locations.
All the ingredients used to make this lunch were organic, including the chicken!
We’ve got a few more days we’ll be here in Portland. If you’re around, connect with me on Twitter and we’ll meet up. :)
Chop Topped Spinach & Arugula Salad with Chili-Salt-N-Peppa Chicken Breast
- your choice of fat: grassfed butter, olive oil, coconut oil, etc.
- 1-2 pounds organic chicken breast
- sea salt, coarse ground black pepper and chili powder to taste
- 2 cups organic spinach, chopped
- 2 cups organic arugula, chopped
- 1 fennel bulb, fronds and bulb chopped
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- olive oil, to taste
- fresh, ripe cherries
- Season chicken breast with salt, pepper and chili powder. Don’t hesitate to use your hands to spread it around and cover both sides.
- Add fat to a skillet and melt over medium-high heat. Add chicken breast to pan.
- After 2-3 minutes turn the chicken breast over and reduce heat to medium.
- Chop spinach, arugula, fennel, avocado and onion and add to a large mixing bowl.
- Season with salt, pepper and olive oil. Add fennel fronds and mix to combine.
- Once chicken breast are cooked all the way through, transfer to a plate and serve with salad and a handfull of fresh cherries.
- Enjoy! :)